It’s a bit on the toasty side to write a proper blog this week; sorry! Brigglar hit a drive past me on Friday and I’ve been too ashamed to be seen in public since. Fortunately the News of the World has been consigned to the dustbin of history (and hasn’t been re-cycled as The Sun on Sunday – – – yet!) so I won’t be named and shamed in front of scandal-seeking Brits with nothing to do at the weekend.
Five things to do when you are grumpy!
- Clear the neighbourhood and put on Enter Shikari (Juggernauts) full blast, bounce up and down as the need arises
- Watch the Sound of Music (sing along)
- Bash a golf ball as hard as you can
- Buy a treat – hope my wife doesn’t read this one!
- Eat a very spicy curry (Vindaloo at Asha’s or give my new find a go – Aappa Kadai close to Dubai Marina metro station. No need to take your credit card – if you don’t over-order you are looking at AED 50 for two)
If all of this fails sit down and have a nice cup of tea!
One to watch
As recommended by Camlar of “Micky has never got within a hundred yards of my drives” fame, give Chase the Enemy a watch and look out for cousin of Cam on rhythm guitar (Tom Bellman). I always wanted to be the singer (and lead guitarist) in a rock and roll band so good on them and best of luck.